Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Salaam Remi
desoe
post Sep 11 2007, 08:56 AM
post #1

SUITS ROCK

crew: Platinum members
playa id: 26

(IMG:http://www.canibringmygat.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/salaam.jpg)

Salaam Gibbs, better known as Salaam Remi, is a hip hop producer and keyboard player, known for his association with Nas and his reggae-tinged, often referred to as "broken bottle" approach to production. A good example of this is the production on the Nas record 'Made You Look', off his 2002 release 'God's Son', which was a big hit[citation needed] commercially in the U.S. and UK. The son of studio musician Van Gibbs, Salaam first appeared on record as the keyboardist for Kurtis Blow's 1986 release Kingdom Blow. In the late 1980s Salaam began mixing records and, in 1992, he produced the reggae group Zhigge.

Salaam Remi has been associated with releases like Lil' Flip's "I Need Mine", Ini Kamoze's "Here Comes the Hotstepper", The Fugees' multi-platinum The Score LP and Toni Braxton's "You're Makin Me High". Most recently, he contributed some tracks to Jurassic 5's 2006 LP Feedback and Nas's 2006 album Hip Hop is Dead.

Salaam Remi also produced 10 tracks on the 2002 UK sensation Ms. Dynamite's album entitled 'A Little Deeper', including the hugely successful lead single 'dy-na-mi-tee' - which had moderate crossover success[citation needed] in the U.S. market. He also racked up production credits on Frank, the platinum debut from North London soul/jazz singer Amy Winehouse, as well as her follow up Back to Black. .

Salaam Remi recently finished work on the Chrisette Michele album "I AM". He is currently working on the debut album from Free formerly of 106 & Park fame.

FAMOUS WORK:

Nas - Made You Look
Nas - Thief's Theme
Nas - Bridging The Gap
Nas - I Can
Nas - Get Down
Nas - Virgo
Nas - The N
Fugees- Fu-Gee-La
Toni Braxton - You're Making Me High

Nas .. . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb22.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 playa(z) are reading this thread (1 agents and 0 undercover playaz)
0 playaz:

- date & time: 18th September 2019 - 01:19 AM